This past July, I was listening to a good friend practice a song she was planning on singing for her older brother and his fiance at their rehersal dinner. It was a simple but deep song called, "When You Say Nothing At All". I didn't think much about her until August when I was downloading new music. That's when I discovered Alison Krauss.
Did you know that she's won 26 grammys? That's third over all EVER in the history of grammys. I couldn't believe that I had never heard of her before. So I kept downloading and downloading and fell in love...
Her music really speaks to me. Whether I'm dreaming about Mike (haha) or making random to do lists I'm listening to her. Recently, a good friend of mine gave me even more of her wonderful music to listen to while doing homework (Thanks Amelia!). Her musical style is very singer/ songwriter with bluegrass.
Some songs to check out:
1) I Will
2) When You Say Nothing At All
3) Restless
4) Looking In The Eyes of Love
5) Stay With Me Baby
6) Now That I've Found You
I hope you check her out whether you listen to her on the way to work, while doing your homework or maybe just one song to sample. Also, if you're put off by country or bluegrass types of music, I swear you will still like Alison Krauss.
*Photography credit goes to LiveMusicPhotography.info

No comments:
Post a Comment