Monday, December 7, 2009

Happy Birthday Bubba!

Today, Mike and I's goldfish, Bubba, is one year old!  That's right! We've kept alive a single goldfish for one year now.  


Bubba, the fish.  


This is Bubba's story:
One cold December night, Mike and I went to the local Meijer to buy more fish for fish tank.  That night we bought a few gold fish, including an odd, speckled one.  Come Christmas break, all three goldfish were still living, which brought the dilemma of what would we do with the goldfish over break, when we were all going home?  Of course the boy suggested flushing them down the toilet.  However, I came to the rescue by taking them home in a small Tupperware container (thank you A Rose!) that I poked holes through at the top.  

Bubba's first home.
All three stayed alive through out break, however, when we got back and put them back into the big fish tank, all but the speckled goldfish later to be known as Bubba, died.  Bubba eventually got new two new friends Emily and Molly, who both died.  Come, summer break he got transfered as well as his fish tank to Mike's new room at his house.  Even though I wasn't there to feed him, he somehow survived the summer of just Mike feeding him and managed to loose his speckles and become one huge goldfish.  

Bubba at home.
Then came a transfer to a plastic traditional goldfish bowl and then finally he found home in a 5 dollar cracked small fish tank from Salvation Army complete with a filter.  He has resided happily there since with his blue gravel and plants.


Bubba, we love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment