Like I said before, I wasn't as successful with my 12 books over break goal as I thought I would be. In addition I started break off with this many books:
....and ended up with this many:
All thanks to library book sales, my mother's donation of old social work books, recommended sequels from friends and Christmas gifts.
So now my new goal is to read 1-2 books per week.
One book over break that stuck out as a new favorite is Comanche Moon by Catherine Anderson. At first, I was hesitant because of it's easily stereotyped cheesy romance story cover, however, a good friend has claimed it as her favorite. And this best friend wouldn't read a cheesy romance story anyways. This book is West side story meets Native Americans and pioneers. It's a story of courage, finding yourself and what you believe in, and most importantly (and the best), true love. The plot is believable and never cheesy or exaggerated. You feel one the emotions the characters feel. Even readers on Amazon agree, giving Comanche Moon a 4.5 out of 5 star rating.
What do I recommend this book for? For the time when you need an escape from all of your studying and stress in your life. Maybe even when you need some love related inspiration. Either way, it's a great touching and moving book that may even challenge your own thoughts about how you relate to people.
Let me know if you would like to borrow my copy!
*Photos taken by Emily Patterson
Yay!! I've been waiting for book reviews!!
ReplyDeleteand i love how your stack of books DOUBLED practically! haha, no wonder you didn't finish!
: )
Love, Cort
I promised there shall be more to come!
ReplyDeletecheers to ambition right!
ReplyDeleteWhoa! Good for you! I've read a couple of those books for school and my favorite is Kite Runner! Sad, but oh so good!
ReplyDeleteThis is a test comment!
ReplyDeleteI love your blog so much, but your blog won't let me comment :(
Do work em :]]
ReplyDeletei am working on comanche moon right now!!!
Mo
Glad to hear it Mo :) I'm working on the sequel!
ReplyDelete