Tuesday, January 12, 2010

One Year Anniversary with The Boss




You probably already know that Bruce Springsteen is my favorite artist of all-time.  I've always admired and enjoyed listening to different music genres including rock, folk, country, indie, classical, soft-rock and oldies.  A bigger music aficionado than me, is Mike.  Since meeting him, my music library has expanded greatly to include a bunch of new title, artists and musical ideas.  So naturally, when I suggested going to the Bruce Springsteen concert to celebrate our one year anniversary, he was game.





Top Favorite Moments (In no particular order):
1) Clarence Clemmon's gold fingernails
2) Bruce's covers of songs are better than the originals. Check out Because the Night.
3) The band is so in-tuned (not musically) with Bruce and each other that they know when he's going to improvise, add, take away, change or prolong a song, and pull it off perfectly.  It's incredible to see in person.
4) He's still has it in his 60's.


3 comments:

  1. emily!
    you are so sweet and absolutely adorable. thank you for stopping by and for being so complementary. i love your blog as well! i have been reading and it is darling. i love ann arbor! it is beautiful. im excited about our cyber friendship:) have a happy day!
    loves~
    britt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily, you are lovely.

    Sometimes I share things you post with Josh and I lead into it with, "so remember Emily? My blog friend? Yeah, she posted..."

    aaaaand, I am so jealous that you got to see Bruce! My mom always says, "30 years ago I was in love with two men, Bruce Springsteen and Greg Canfield, and I married one of them!" It's one of my dreams to go see him in concert with her. It didn't feel like Christmas this year until I heard "Merry Christmas baaaby (you sho' do treat me niiiiiiiice)" on the radio :-)

    aaaaand I loved the blog about marriage. Especially the "grass is greener" quote.

    aaaand really, you're lovely. I'm glad we're friends!

    ReplyDelete