All packed and ready to go. Tie dye- is official travel clothing.
Starting today at 7 am, Mike and I will be embarking on our Alternative Spring Break trip with St. Mary's to Cranks Creek, Kentucky. Cranks Creek is an old mining town in the Appalachian mountains. Our group will mostly be working on building, dry-walling, perhaps roofing. Mike is really excited to lead all of the building process- he knows the most out of everyone. I'm a little nervous, but I hope I really push myself to work hard. I'm most looking forward to the interaction with the people of Cranks Creek. Were both looking forward to spiritual growth as an couple. I'm also (kind of) looking forward to the no computer, no cellphone part for a week.
Judging from this picture it looks like it's going to be a beautiful place to be!
A picture of Cranks Creek Lake.
*Picture found here.

Have a great time em & mike! that pictures is so beautiful!!!!
ReplyDeletegood luck building :]
-mo
Have a safe trip! I think you are doing a really great thing. I can't wait to hear all about it. I love you both!
ReplyDeleteLove, Cort