Saturday, March 13, 2010

Sing me some irish tunes.

Flogging Molly.


Some of my favorite music happens to be Irish (or Irish related) music.  I really love it all.  Whether it be live pub recordings or some of the soundtrack from P.S. I Love You.  Something about it makes me really giddy.  I will be often walking down the street on my way to class and be listening to a really good song and have to stop myself from skipping.  So, in the spirit of the upcoming St. Patrick's Day I thought I would post some of my favorite Irish tunes.
1) The Galway Girl- Sharon Shannon Ft. Mundy
2) Float- Flogging Molly
3) Love You 'Till The End- The Pogues
4) Rebels of the Sacred Heart- Flogging Molly
5) Irish Heartbeat -Van Morrison with The Chieftains
6) Siúlil a Run - Celtic Woman
7) Salty Dog- Flogging Molly
8) Live From Matt Molloy's Pub- The Chieftains
9) The Belle of Belfast City- The Pogues
10) If I Ever Leave This World Alive- Flogging Molly

Enjoy the Irish festivities and make sure to get your fill of green milk.  
*Picture from here.

2 comments:

  1. ..you've got me seriously considering purchasing the P.S. I love you Soundtrack, Emily.

    Congratulations on being asked to mentor 8th graders! That is so wonderful! It will be such an adventure and I would love to go on the journey with you (yay blogging!) If you ever have any questions at all (or suggestions for me, too) let me know :-) It will probably change your life, you know, helping young people learn and grow in God. It has definitely changed mine. Thank you for sharing that good news with me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always loved them- Great Soundtracks for St. Patty's day :-)

    ReplyDelete