The beautiful bride being walked down the isle (stone path) by her father.
This past weekend Mike, Mike's family and I celebrated the beginning of a beautiful marriage and life.
Katie's (Mike's oldest sister) best friend was the one getting married.
Katie all smiles.
I think the best weddings are the ones that are moving, sentimental, emotional, inspiring. I knew it was a good wedding when I teared up a few times...first, when she walked down the isle to Garth Brook's "To Make You Feel My Love" (beautiful song, check it out!) and then secondly, when I saw the groom tearing up when he was watching Carly walk down the isle.
Mike and I at the end of the night.
The best part, besides the actual wedding part was the photo booth! They had a very clever idea to rent a photo booth, which you could in turn put your film strip in a plastic covering..making it a bookmark! Also, another thing I found clever is that Carly & Ryan got to keep a duplicate copy which we wrote a sweet message underneath it for them to look back upon.
Needless to say, we were in the photo booth line more than a few times.
One of Mike and I's film strips.
Congrats Carly & Ryan!
A general thought about weddings:
I really think the music can add a special touch to the ceremony/reception and give it the extra emotional/meaningful touch!
LOVE!
ReplyDeleteWe had a photobooth at our reception :-) It was a huge hit! Ours didn't have the plastic cover for bookmarks (although I still use them for that purpose) and we didn't get copies, but a disc. I think I would have prefered the copies.
I completely agree about the music thing. It can really bring everyone into the right mood. Can I share the music we had at our wedding with you? 'cause I think you'll like it. I walked down to the aisle to "Everything" by Lifehouse. The bridal party walked down during the first 3 1/2 minutes, I came in when the music climaxes. One of the best moments of my life! We did our unity thing(?) (explanation necessary) to the song "obsession" by David Crowder. and our pronouncement song was "Clocks" by Coldplay. "I now present to you Mr. and Mrs. Josh McCracken" and boom! Clocks played. 'twas perfect.
I have lots of song suggestions for wedding music (If you ever want any...) I get really really excited about the music in a ceremony, specifically. When the bride and groom pick what I believe to be bad music it killllllls me.
Umm, sorry for always turning everything around to me. I just get so excited to share things with you!