Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Notes on Cottage Weekend Round 2

This past weekend, we went up to Lake City to hang out with my besties.  We played volleyball (err.. and I took pictures), went tubing, boating, ice cream eating, sparkler writing, country music listening, firework shooting (why do boys get so dang excited about fireworks?), baggo playing, late night talking, card playing, and picture taking (me and Cort!).  To sum it up: great weekend.

Beach volleyball. 

Cortny rocked the one piece this week.  I was particularly proud because I think you need guts to be able to rock the one piece.  Mostly, because there is an unwritten rule that girls our age aren't allowed to wear anything but string bikinis without being deemed weird or a prude.  Cortny was neither of those this weekend.  Her one piece was flattering and tastefully modest.  Which I liked a lot.  Personally, I'm going to join her on the one piece crusade at the cottage next year.  


Cortny was kind enough to let me snap a million pictures of her.  

I think we have a great group of best friends.  A great group of best friends I am starting to get constantly reminded that I'm leaving in one year.  Literally one year.  We are all getting to that point where we are in the real world, about to leave school and on to our own paths of life.  Mike and I are the first to leave, and the first to explore how the realms of friendship function in the real world.  One thing that made me particularly hopeful was a blog post Shane wrote about how while we are on the brink of going on with our lives, are friendships have cemented over the years, hopefully solidifying a friendship for life.
However, what am I'm going to do without them for three years? How do friendships stay strong when friendships are built on interaction and sharing...when I'm three states away.  Web cams chats? Blogs to follow?
Best friends forever.  

No comments:

Post a Comment