Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Chi-City

The skyline. 

During Christmas Break this year, my family and Mike spent a few days exploring and enjoying Chicago.  What was monumental about Mike coming along was that it was the first Patterson trip with Mike, and that everyone had a "friend".  My little sisters were very concerned that everyone always be paired up with a "friend" during the trip.  Often, we would be walking in the streets and one of us wouldn't have a "friend" and Alicia would shout "where's your friend? Where's your friend??" to prompt you to catch up to the other friendless person.  Well, pre-Mike I was usually the odd man out.  Alicia and Dad go well together because they both run and drink coffee.  Lauren and my Mom compliment each other with the whole youngest/oldest dynamic going on and are quite the shopping duo.  I was really excited for this trip because I finally had a friend!  I came to find that trips were made even better when Mike and I were arm in arm exploring the city together.  And I must say overall we had a great time as one complete family too.

Here are some highlights from the trip:
A trip would not be complete without napping.
The best trip planner ever- Teresa Patterson.  
Standing in the lobby looking up.  Our room was on the highest floor.  What was creepy about the hotel was that the railings were just sheets of plexiglass so when you walk out of your room you feel like nothing is separating you from a 17 floor fall.  
The sisters.  

And of course he visited the bean in Millennium Park.  I almost didn't put this picture up because of how much that patch of snow bugs me! 
Coffee shop visits are a must with Alicia and my dad.  They have become the world's biggest cappuccino snobs and rate every cup in accordance to their cappuccinos in Rome.  Snobs I tell you...Anyways, here is a picture of Alicia enjoying her coffee from Intelligentsia.

Mike's urban glamour shot.  
Shedd Aquarium and Adler Planetarium had a great view of the Chicago skyline.  








No comments:

Post a Comment