Sunday, May 20, 2012

Life with a dog

Meet Buddy.  He's Mike and I's little "happy little white fluffy dog" as Mike likes to call him.  I never expected to have a little white fluffy dog, let alone a dog so early in to our marriage.  But what I've come to believe is that the best things in life aren't planned or expected.  They come to you in perfect timing, a timing that is not set by you.  Thank you so much Josh and Leslie for entrusting Buddy to us.  We promise to do our best to continue the life of love and joy that you've already given him!

Things I've learned so far about having a dog thus far.

1) My dad always says that children are "spiritual masters".  They push you in a path of selflessness and love.  I believe that dogs, while not children, are a step in this direction.  All of those 6 am morning poop walks,  the hungry barks, and those puppy dog eyes that say "I need some love".  But then there are the all night cuddles, the unwavering loyalty, the sadness when you leave their sight, and the infusions of fun through out the day that make everything worth it.  They challenge you to love more deeply and simply.

2) They force you to explore your world.  Animals are an amazing connection to nature.  They force you out of your home and into the world outside.  Walks become adventures, exploring and discovering beauty that exists right around you that you may never had found due to laziness. 

Thanks for all of the love so far Buddy!

2 comments:

  1. Aw Emily! This post absolutely just made my day :) I love the pictures and the insights are so true! I'm so glad you guys are Buddy's parents now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the distance Buddy's tongue is hanging out, I can tell he is having loads of fun!

    ReplyDelete