Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Last glimpses of summer

There was some sort of beauty about a kitchen sink filled with home-grown tomatoes.  This labor day I spent the day canning tomatoes and sewing skirts with my mother in law, taking in her domestic diva ways.
Sleepy Saturdays.
Miss Nora Bean.
This past weekend Mike and I babysat my little cousins.  Dare I say it was borderline boring?  They are that well behaved.  I was definitely taking notes.
Sunday was Katie's bridal shower!
I was in love with these beautiful centerpieces.  Less than two more months til the wedding!

These last hazy days of summer have been bittersweet.  I have a lot of great feelings from this summer.  A lot of personal growth occurred, a lot of adventures happened.  At the end of summer, I always think of how in the Spring I am desperate for any glimpses of sunshine, that I need to soak in the last rays before the more dormant seasons begin.  However, I always celebrate my eagerness for the next season, a new transition, a new change of pace in life.  There were many times this summer that I found myself being excited to make soup again and the feeling of listening to Alison Krauss during a Fall evening.  Well here is to a Fall glow and new adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment