The Grand Tetons was like no other national park that I had ever visited. You never got sick of looking at their beautiful rugged peaks. However, unlike Yellowstone all of its main beauty was within the mountains. It is often considered one of the top best backpacking destinations in the United States. With that being said, there wasn't much we could do with the condition of my feet of exploring the other world of the Grand Tetons. I guess this means we will just have to come back some other time ;).
We watched the sun set from atop of Signal Mountain.
And then got closer and watched it over Jenny Lake.
Always exploring.
Some bison on the way back to our campsite.
Potatoes and griddle bread for breakfast :)
I used this picture to make my own version of a poster my dad had on the walls of his childhood bedroom. The poster has a saying that has inspired us for years now, "Do not pray for an easy life, pray to be a strong person". I gave this poster to my sisters for Christmas as a daily reminder.
We ended the trip with a pile of famous nachos.
We drove the next day, and then checked out Lincoln and Omaha the next day. Omaha has a surprisingly cute downtown area. We antiqued, shopped, and people watched.
At that's the end the trip. Mike and I drove home dreaming of many more road trips and visits to National Parks in the future. I'm so thankful to be married to someone who love adventure as much as I do.


















No comments:
Post a Comment