This past week I turned 23. I had a beautiful day. In fact, one of the first times my birthday wasn't rainy and soggy but sunny and in the 70's. I spent the day doing things I love most: being outdoors and eating.
Hiking and picnicking in the newest Ann Arbor park.
Zingermans.
Walks down by the river and dipping toes into the water.
I always think Mother Nature is giving me a personal gift for my birthday: spring flowers and trees retreating from their buds into bloom.

Visits to University of Michigan's wave field.
Ice cream from Washtenaw Dairy.
Walks in the arb and sunsets.
As I've gotten older I've come to appreciate simple birthdays filled with the sun on your face, your favorite sandwich, and the people that you love most. Saturday, my family and two of my closest friends came down for a birthday dinner. We ate at Mani's (a place I've always wanted to try) and then got cappuccino afterwards.
Cort and I's pizza.
Thanks to everyone who made my day special.
















No comments:
Post a Comment