This challenge was to take a picture of something you collect.
My mind immediately went to my beloved cookbooks. Y'all already know how much I love them.
I am usually anti-collection as I am one that believes in a regular reflection and evaluation of what is truly needed. Therefore, in my mind I consider "collections" to be of something that you do not purge and keep beyond the expiration of their usefulness or beauty. I do regularly evaluate and pass along cookbooks and therefore, they do not truly count as a collection. HOWEVER, there is one thing that I collect, a triple threat of not only usefulness and beauty but sentimentality as well.
Anyone who knows me knows my love of scarves. The best thing about my scarves is that they have been amassed as tokens from my many travels: some from Italy, some from Paris, one from Amsterdam, two from India, one from South Africa, and many more.
This is my favorite scarf that my mom brought back to me from Paris.
I never get sick of wearing it.
No comments:
Post a Comment