(Tuna salad I made the other night)
+ Every year I believe that I will only make my summer dinners from beautiful farmer's market vegetables but more often than not I'm still eating take-out Indian food or tuna salad.
+ Just finished reading Shauna Niequist's Bread and Wine and LOVED IT. She brought me some food enlightenment when she noted that her style of food is also a combination of comfort + fancy. This is why I am making a pear, arugula, and goat cheese flat bread for dinner tonight.
+I was also so inspired by her book that my new cooking goal for the rest of the year is to have more dinner parties, to feed more people.
+ Breakfast cookies might just revolutionize weekday breakfast for me.
+One of my favorite things is when I get to eat a meal in another person's home. I love noting how the food they've created connects with the spirit of their person, their home, and way of being. I always treasure meals at my cousin Katelyn's house because they are always a combination of this plus authenticity/un-fussiness.
+ Wanting the universe to send me a babushka type woman to take me under her wing and teach me how to make challah, hummus, and mejadra the real way.
+ I am a grazer in the summer and a baker in the winter.
+ I like to read my cookbooks like novels.
+ I have a problem with adding too much oil and cheese. Probably always will....

No comments:
Post a Comment