Tuesday, January 13, 2015

A random Tuesday in Janurary 2015

The soup of the week.  I've found a good rhythm on my days off, a little bit of rest, a little bit of productivity.  A touch of creativity is the cherry on top.  In the morning I spend a few hours reading, finding new blogs, perhaps blogging myself.  In the afternoons, I wash my laundry, cook dinner, bake, run to the library, go for a walk, do my (kidney) yoga, and tidy up my room.  As I've gotten older I've learned a little bit everyday is the rhythm that I work best at.

With winter, comes my desire to jump back into projects.  Last year I bought the book "Shooting with Soul" which is filled with simple photography exercises to capture the ordinary existence with a new eye.  One of the exercises is "Good mail" which is simply to photography mail that makes your heart leap with excitement.  Pictured above, is a postcard from a good friend and Taproot magazine (bread edition!!). 

P.S. This is the first soup that I successfully used a Parmesan rind to help develop the flavor!

No comments:

Post a Comment