Sunday, September 18, 2016
Sunday Musings
It feels as though I haven't rested in weeks. Sometimes busy seasons just hit hard. I see the the first symptoms in my plants: they're always the first to feel the shock of my occupied mind.
This weekend I hosted a bachelorette party at my house. As soon as everyone left- I knew I had to seek some normalcy immediately. So I walked barefooted through my yard and spent some time with my plants. I noticed my basil was in a state of decay. So I promptly picked a bouquet to turn into pesto later tonight. My tomato plants are surprisngly in a late season bloom. My succulent leaves starting to propogate properly. The oregano needed watering.
Quality days to me means having the means to make many pots of tea through out the day. Morning: a dark Black Lemon. Afternoon: Green. Evening: Peppermint. The same mug follows me through out the house.
My meals have been simple too: hunks of bread, cheese and a sliced tomato. A ploughwoman's lunch of sorts.
We're four weeks into the school new year. My daily rhythm has still yet to be found. But I'm thankful for these small things.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment