We are officially moved
into our new apartment! We are renting from a woman who is hiking the
Camino de Santiago trail in Spain. Serendipitously, we learned that she
is also a children’s social worker and a huge Bruce Springsteen lover!
There is a portrait of Bruce above our couch. How’s that for some
universal magic? It is located in the “Neustadt” neighborhood of
Dresden. This is the neighborhood that Gregor lived in previously to his
USA stint. It is filled with lots of cute bars, cafes, buildings and
street art. Here are two of my favorite nooks in our apartment:




Other notes:





Other notes:
- I have met all of Gregor’s friends and I can truly confirm, Germans love techno/electronic music
- We spent many a night in the back garden drinking wine and beer, playing games with his family
- The architect of the US Capitol went to school in Gregor’s small hometown of Niesky!
- I have started my Deutschkurse (German course) today at a local community college. I was lucky to grab the last spot. I am the only native English speaking student in the class as most of my fellow peers are refugees from Iran, Syria, Libya, etc. More to come on this experience.
- I bought my first monthly train ticket and have successfully navigated the city via tram for the first time.
- I have the loveliest boyfriend who not only got up early with me this morning to take me to class but also packed me a “lunch packet”.

No comments:
Post a Comment