Friday, November 23, 2018

Our Last Week in Dresden


Somehow our last week in Dresden has arrived. We got word this weekend that we had been approved for an apartment we both loved in Leipzig. It has wood floors, tall ceilings, white walls, an “American” kitchen, and big windows that look out on to a quiet street. We are a few doors down from a bakery and right around the corner from a big park.

I am excited to be settled into something more permanent- something that is “our space”. However, Dresden has burrowed deep into my heart and spirit these past weeks. I would be lying if I didn’t say I wasn’t sad to say goodbye. I’ve also wondered too if I have soaked in all my time here properly. Gregor and I met up for a dusk hour stroll and coffee today. I took a few photographs of favorite books and made mental notes for future places I wanted to check out (perhaps when I come back as a visitor).

The bars here feel like someone’s living room. I like that. It’s nice to sip a cappuccino sitting on a old couch watching people return home from work or run out to meet friends. Dresden has this vibe all around though. One of casualness, comfort, old and new at the same time. I hope to live here again one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment