I've recently have had some thoughts circling in my head about what period of my life is "the best years of my life" or "I would love to live those years all over again!". I started hearing this around high school, especially after graduation when people were reflecting on their high school experience. For some kids, high school wasn't the best time of their lives, not even close. However, on going to college, these same kids are saying that college IS the best time of their lives. I've often expected to wake up both in high school and college one morning and having something click where I'm having the most fun and life couldn't be better. I've even asked my father about this phenomenon a few times when I was younger. How come high school wasn't the best experience of my life? Was I not living life to the fullest? Am I living life the wrong way? Then it dawned on me in the past week....
My high school self.
Personally, I feel like I haven't reached the "best years of my life" yet. The high school and college years are the glorified years to many people where little responsibility and enjoyment reigns. I think my best years lie beyond college. Perhaps my best years will be when I'm rolling around on the floor laughing with my kids and husband. Maybe the best years of my life will be when I'm 55 and am enjoying life with my husband in our "second honeymoon". But maybe, life doesn't peak for four years and goes down hill thereafter. Perhaps, with the right perspective we can always get something positive out of each day. One thing I do know for sure...whenever these years may be, I know that they will be made the best because of the family and loved ones in my life.
*Photo taken by Morgan Fedewa
No comments:
Post a Comment