Friday, October 2, 2009

I love October

October is my second favorite month.  This is why I love October...


1) My absolute favorite holiday ever since I was a wee little child is Halloween. Halloween only got better (being in college) as Halloween is now celebrated from Thursday through Sunday instead of the not so exciting 6-8 PM Halloween night.  In addition, in college, people go all out with costumes, there really are no stops.  The October weather also adds a spooky ambience.  But honestly, who doesn't love free candy and an excuse to wear something weird?


2) I have a blatant excuse to wear a scarf with every outfit.  Anyone who knows me knows that I have way too many scarves.  However, scarves paired with the crisp October weather makes absolute bliss.  


3) I am obssessed with trees.  The only reason October is my second favorite month is because May is my first and in May the trees bloom.  Well, in October, the trees do the opposite by erupting into beautiful explosions of color... all out doing the next.  I enjoy sitting outdoors from time to time, particularly in the Arb (where the above picture was taken) taking in the natural beauty of autumn.  I feel blessed to live in a state where I can enjoy the changing of the seasons.  


4) University of Michigan hockey season officially starts tomorrow!


5) I don't like apple juice but I love apple cider.  


Post Edit:
I can't believe I forgot to include hot tea!  Once fall rolls around you can often find me with a hot cup of Raspberry Zinger or Green Tea.  

*Picture taken by Emily Patterson

No comments:

Post a Comment