Friday, December 11, 2009

The Freaky Future

Lately, I've been stressing over one thing: getting into grad school.  I've been researching schools, freaking out about my grades/GPA, looking into program specialities which all incur questions like this in my mind: Where am I going to go to school?  Will it be high enough along the rankings?  Should I take a year off and then apply?  Am I good enough to get in to my top 1 or 2 choice?  If I don't get into my top choice should I wait and apply again when I have more real life experience?  Can I ever get a job if I don't have my masters?  All of these questions and more remain lurking in my mind constantly.  Besides, if you're not proactive with your future then it will never work out for you and will end up with no job, etc...


Then today, when walking back from class, I felt a sense of peace as I realize: God has a plan for me.  I need to rely on more of prayer and less on worrying and research and let God guide me to the path that is best suited for me and what I can give back to others.  Maybe taking a year off to work at a non profit organization will benefits someone else's life.  Maybe I'll learn more about myself and grow as a person if I go to choice C school rather than choice A.  I feel like social work is my calling, but perhaps it is still to be seen?  Even though this is sometimes hard to accept, I need to work on finding the balance between relying on God and making my own decisions about my future.  I'm sure it will come together in the end, especially since God has gotten me this far.  


Relax. Breathe. Pray. 

3 comments:

  1. Such good advice. I worried myself sick over my next steps after college. It's good to worry a little, to be somewhat in charge of your fate, but like you said, there's a plan already in place for you. Just do your best and you'll be okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such good advice, that was.
    You're going to be okay, everyone always ends up being okay. Don't worry, alright?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Elizabeth and Disguise:

    Thanks you for the kind words and I promise I won't worry :) ....at least not too much!

    ReplyDelete