Sunday, February 7, 2010

Adventures in Wisconsin.

For this weekend's adventures we went on a road trip to Wisconsin...to watch hockey, of course.  We got up at 9 AM saturday and drove straight there, making a few bathroom/food stops.  We got to drive right through Chicago which was cool.  Secondly, I studied way more in the car than I would if I had stayed back.  (One of my hesitations to not go was that I wouldn't get enough work done.)  Then after the hockey game we drove home and got back to Ann Arbor at 4 AM!  Thanks to Katie's spectacular driving!
The masses or red.

We also saw a lot of game go-ers wearing neon orange, camouflage hunting suits.  Only in the midwest ay?


Better than an indoor hockey game....it's an outdoor hockey game!  The University of Wisconsin converted their football stadium into an ice rink for the Camp Randall Hockey Classic.  I must admit, watching a outdoor hockey game was pretty cool and different from watching an indoor hockey game.  Not something you get to see all the time!


There was also this guy who had a real life- now dead- badger on his head (for UofW Badgers).  The had had teeth, tongue and everything.  We actually saw multiple other dead stuffed animals in the form of gloves/mittens and other hats.  Kind of creepy.    

It was pretty cold, resulting in a million UM blankets, and a few "bathroom breaks" to just to warm up :)

We lost 2-3, but it was still an awesome game.  Nothing like a good adventure to refuel the spirits and get a break away from busy life.  Did anyone else find January crazy hectic? 

1 comment:

  1. Em, looks like a GREAT time!!!!!
    was it hard to see the game somewhat though, or telling where the puck was? lol

    glad it was awesome though!!!
    and i agree january was hectic, but i think its only going to get worse for me :[ hah

    <3 mo

    ReplyDelete