Monday, February 8, 2010

Emma Miniseries

My latest treat: the Emma mini series on PBS.  I've always had a love of Jane Austen ever since I first read Pride and Prejudice in eighth grade.  Once the 2005 version of Pride and Prejudice came out on DVD it became a tradition for me and my sister to watch it nearly every month.  We could relate the characters in the book to people we knew in real life.  We could (and still can) recite ever line along with the movie.  We ventured out and watched other Jane Austen movies like The Jane Austen Book Club, which I highly recommend. 
Why do I love these films so much?
It's like an escape to a different world. The cinematography and soundtrack is beautiful.  It's (usually) spring or summer in the English countryside, a good relief from the dull gray winter of Michigan.  In my opinion, the love stories are refreshing.  No sex, manipulation or games. This  past week, I've been looking forward to watching Emma when I get the rest of my studying/paper writing done.  It definitely makes me feel lighter and happier afterwards!

Watch it online here.

Also, check out this cool everything-Jane Austen blog!
*Picture from google.com

4 comments:

  1. I guess I better check this out seen as how TWO of my favorite blogs blogged about this today!! Did you guys plan this?? ;)

    Love, Cort

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this new Emma series! Wasn't it grand? Love your header.
    xo, emily

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to go visit my lovely DVR right after I post this. I am reading P&P for the 1,OOOth time right now.

    I am your newest follower. I hope you will come by and follow back. Juliana from A Blonde Walks Into A Blog.

    ReplyDelete