This is Merlin.
Me and Merlin hanging out.
After the MSU basketball game, we decided to let him go again (he's too big and healthy to be a stray). However, when I went outside to go talk to my dad about the game a few minutes later he came running towards me from across the street, and then followed me to come back into the house. It was heartbreaking. We decided to go to Meijer to get Merlin some cat food. When he returned, he was no where to be seen. I left the cat food on the front step. I admit, I started tearing up because I had already gotten so attached to the cat. He is a beautiful, fluffy, loving cat that I would to call my own.
Farewell, Merlin!
This morning the cat food was gone. Perhaps, someday he will return again. *Pictures taken by Emily Patterson
"...we did what most people do when they find an animal- follow it around a bit and give it some random food from the fridge."
ReplyDeleteSo true.
I hope he comes back! How did he get the name Merlin?
Well, we found him perched in a tree like an Owl. In addition, he has huge eyes and that little bit of scruff under his chin. All of these qualities made him seem like a wise, old, owl...like an old Wizard, Merlin.
ReplyDelete