For the past few months I have been feeling unfulfilled within Ann Arbor. I would say things in my mind like "it's too big city", "it makes me anxious", "I need nature and country life". In addition to these thoughts I am finding my summer slipping away into the same old go to work routine, do errands, then hang out at Mike's house. Nothing new, adventurous or growth proving. Well since Mike and I will be living here for the next two years I wanted to start being more intentional with the way I live my life in Ann Arbor.
On my bucket list (that now has 2 more years of life) I stated that I wanted to "go exploring on the other side of the highway". What I meant by that is that there is an abundance of nature and trails down by the Huron River. It is the complete opposite of the other side of the highway which leads you to downtown Ann Arbor. The past two nights Mike and I have been going down to the river to do some hiking and fishing.
The bridge going across the river.
The river.
Mike fishing. So far no fish, but I got a few bites last night!
God's beauty.
From the pictures, you can gather that it is quite the opposite of normal Ann Arbor. I am appreciating this natural beauty as well as the time with Mike. I love the "togetherness" it fosters as it becomes a potential hobby that adds a hundred more strings connecting our hearts.
And the first night we went exploring and ended up on the back country roads. It was breath taking to see all of the beauty. Mike and I are definitely excited that maybe someday we will end out living there. I love these moments.
Wow, that is some gorgeous scenery! I had no idea Ann Arbor was capable of anything but charming city-ness. I'm so excited that you two have found such a peaceful place to spend time together :D
ReplyDeleteLove, Cort
simplicity at its finest! such beautiful photos and i bet the time together is great :] love ya girl!
ReplyDelete