Wednesday, October 24, 2012

High Lake

We made it through the night.  We ate breakfast, packed up our gear and headed out.
The second day was also our one year anniversary.  We reminisced along the way.  We decided there was no other place we'd rather celebrate.

We walked through fields and forests.
 We stopped ate lunch here.  Cliff bars, granola, and jerky.  
Getting close.
 High Lake.
We set up camp along this part of the river.  Nestled in the trees a bit.  When we arrived, the first thing we did was jump in the water for a cool-off/bath.
Our camp was right behind those trees in the middle.
Our clothes hanging up to dry.

A beautiful old tree.

Our campsite night two.
Beautiful wildflowers. 
Mike and I took some one year anniversary pictures.  It involved hanging my camera from a tree/propping it on a backpack and then running.  None of them turned out like I hope, but they all make me smile now.
And then I found this.  After the pictures I walked back through the lake.  Mike was being a bit of a baby and didn't want to get his feet all mucky so he decided to walk around.  So I walked through on my own.  As I was walking through, I looked down and saw an object.  I thought to myself "could that be....?".  No, I reasoned with myself, it's probably a leaf or a dead fish.  But I reached and grabbed for it anyways.  It was an arrowhead.  Still sharp.  One of the coolest experiences of the trip for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment