Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Fall Getaway Up North Part 1

Day One:
1) Stayed in a cabin in Lake Ann, MI that wasn't actually on Lake Ann.
2) Yay for lens flare.
3 & 4) Drove out to Glen Arbor to catch the sunset on Lake Michigan.



Something I keep learning time after time, is how beautiful my home state is.  That is often some of the hidden beauty about traveling away from our homes, living in a different context- even if for a few days.  When we travel outside of our home, we may appreciate the small things we often take for granted.  When we travel within our home state, we get a change to rediscover and cherish those small things. 

Sometimes I get anxious, feeling like I need to move away to a different state for a "grand adventure".  Most often, I keep coming back to the deep down feeling that I am trying to "prove" something.  When in reality I am looking for distraction rather than working hard for the meaningfulness in my everyday life.  Here's to being where we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment