What better to mark the passage of time than a Paris selfie? I plan on taking a selfie every time I visit Paris, documenting how I've changed as a person and how Paris has changed me. On my flight from Barcelona to Paris, I was stricken with grief that Paris wouldn't be as magical the second time around. Oh how I was wrong. This trip, I experienced the city in a deeper sense, explored more neighborhoods, watched people more closely, and felt most subtle things stir within me. Paris had evolved just has I had, the newness within me found the newness in Paris.
///2013///
First time to Paris, discovered the french twist, just graduated from grad school, naive about the world in many ways
///2016///
Same wrist watch, camera, jean jacket and claddah ring- some things don't change, more assured of self, experienced Paris in a deeper and even more magical way the second time around, glasses and first hints of becoming older

No comments:
Post a Comment