Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Thoughts.

As you may have noticed, I've been on a brief blogging hiatus.

Why?
There are many reasons.
Firstly, I'm amidst the final month of my junior year of college. I'm averaging two essays a week and about double that much of what I call, early onset senioritis. I've officially applied for graduation of next year (big step for me!) and have my senior schedule nice and neat for now. Secondly, I think my blogging ideals are changing. I want to find the balance between blogging about more light, superficial everyday occurrences and big, deep meaningful, heavy ideas. I want the blog to be almost an electronic scrap book to look back upon. However, I consider myself a very reflective person and I feel it would be untrue to me to not include the deeper stuff. I think I would like something in-between and I'm sure I will get there soon. So I'm viewing this time as some sort of a sabbatical. For the mean time, I'm going to leave you all with a quote that I've been thinking a lot about these past few weeks:

"Who you are is god's gift to you, who you become is your gift to god".

4 comments:

  1. Emily, I love you and your blog! I always love hearing your insight and thoughts on things, no matter if they are deep topics or just the little everyday occurrences. As long as you stay true to yourself, your blog will continue to be a great place for you AND your readers. You know who you are and you know who you want to become. I'm excited to see where this blog takes you when you return! Until then, good luck on your finals, papers, and the rest of you JUNIOR year!!

    Love, Cort

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cort said it all!!!!
    You are such an amazing person em and your thoughts and wisdom that you put into your blog are just great; and can really help a person get through their day, or even help them to realize their potential or better themselves in some way or another [i have had some of this happen to me!!! lol]
    good luck on all your stuff, i can't believe you are going to be a senior!! remember freshman year playing tennis!! hahah oh gosh!
    love you and can't wait to see you next :]

    mo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand the conflict between wanting to write about surface-y/fun things and wanting to write from your heart. I myself have felt the pull both ways and am still working on finding a balance, I think. I read a blog recently about "owning your blog". I felt like it gave me a lot of freedom to just be me. I have felt pressure (only from myself) to always be deep and insightful in my blogs, but then I realized that I need to write it for me... and if I want to write about sticking chewbacca in my window then darn it, I'm going to! :-) When I consider the fact that others are going to read my blogs, it sort of hinders me and my freedom to remember things and express things the way I want to. It's sort of silly how seriously I take this, when I really think about it...

    However, if you are going to take a break from blogging then we better make this friendship facebook official or email legit or something :-) If you would ever like to dialogue or chat about anything (I just read your comment about talking about the spiritual aspect of your spring break trip) my email is mccracken.leslie@gmail.com. I also am learning to enjoy skype very much. I know you have a lot on your plate, so I will not feel at all discouraged if I don't hear from you... but I DO think it would be just lovely to get to know you better through other avenues as well!

    Whew! That was quite a long comment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments everyone!

    Leslie- I friended you on facebook. It even looks like we have a mutual friend! Can't wait to talk to you!

    ReplyDelete