Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Food.

So as the semester winds down...I'm looking forward to some upcoming changes.  I'm staying in Ann Arbor for the summer to work, volunteer and intern.  I'm pretty excited because I've just gotten my first apartment (even if it's a summer sublet).  One of the things I'm most excited for about being all independent is....I get to cook for myself!! No more dorm food!  
I'm sick of things like ramen and easy mac.  I want to spend some time cooking and preparing my food...and plus it will probably be more healthy that way too.  Frankly though the idea of cooking for a myself (let alone a family someday!) is kind of daunting.  Where do I start?  Is it okay if I only cook chicken?  How do I keep motivated and not slip into the college student diet? All of these are the types of questions going through my head.  

 I really would like to spend sometime and develop my recipe collection for the summer and the future (does anyone else get a feeling of accomplishment for having their own "collection"?).  Here's a list of some of my favorites:
1) Chicken Pesto Cavatappi

2) Cream of Tomato Soup + Grilled Cheese
3) Ham, Tortellini, and Red Peppers in Brown Butter
4) Black Bean Soup

5) Homemade Mac and Cheese
6) BLTs
7) Wet Burritos

8) Black Bean Burgers
9) Italian Sausage Penne
10) Chicken Caesar Salad

11) Pesto Pizza with Mozzarella, Basil and Sun dried Tomatoes 

Does anyone else have any good recipes they recommend?  
*Pictures from google images

4 comments:

  1. Em! You are making me very hungry! These look yummy. I think we should have a recipe exchange soon. :)

    Love, Cort

    ReplyDelete
  2. Em, you totally made me hungry!! But I will work on writing down some recipe's I really enjoy making that are quick and easy :]]
    love ya!

    -mo

    ReplyDelete
  3. i promise that once finals are over i will help you with your food goals!!
    -arose

    ReplyDelete
  4. AH all of this looks amazing!
    Cream of Tomato Soup + Grilled Cheese... I did not need to see that right now, I am starving!

    ReplyDelete