Happy Birthday to my best friend Cortny! I've never met another girl that compliments and understands me so well. She is loving, caring, and positive. She is also inquisitive, thoughtful, adventurous and spirited. Basically, she's a wonderful person. She will always listen to me ramble on, give me advice of give me a good reality check. Most of all, she is someone that I aspire to be like.
1) What's your favorite or most cherished birthday memory? Why?
My most cherished birthday memory would probably be my first birthday. I don't actually remember being there but my Papa Terry always videotaped us as kids and I love watching my first birthday on tape. I was just getting over a really bad fever and I was learning how to walk all over again. My aunts and uncles were there, and my mom and dad, and Grama Sandy and Papa Terry. I was opening presents and I got a piece of tape stuck on my finger and for the life of me I couldn't get it off! It just kept getting stuck on the fingers I was using to get it off my other fingers. After a few minutes I was so frustrated that I think I started to cry (remember I was still somewhat under the weather). I got a barn with a silo, tractor, animals, and it had a door that mooed when I opened it. Plus, my whole family was all gathered in the family room laughing and playing with me. :) Then we moved onto cake where I frowned the whole time because at that point it was obvious I was done with the whole birthday thing. Haha, I know I don't actually remember that day, but I could watch it over and over again.
2) If you could go anywhere or do anything for your birthday where would you go/what you do and why?
Hmmm…if I could do anything I would spend the day on a speedboat on either Torch Lake or Grand Traverse Bay with a trip to Lake Charlevoix. I wish my Grama liked the water because then my whole family could be there! But since you said I could do anything…Grama Sandy, Mom, Dad, Cassidy, Emily, Jeff and I would all spend the day on the boat and then go out to dinner afterward. Then on the drive back home we would most definitely stop and gorge ourselves on some ice cream!! :D (Too bad it’s not warm enough in April…which is why I’m famous for saving my birthday or potential gifts for when the time seems most fitting!
3) Vanilla or Chocolate cake?
Well if I have to choose between Vanilla or Chocolate…I’d say Chocolate with Vanilla frosting. But my favorite birthday cake is Frosted Creams courtesy of Grama Sandy!!
4) What are some things you are looking to accomplish at the age of 20?
Good question! I definitely have a running list going of things I hope to accomplish. Let’s see…decide which university I will attend next semester, save more money and further simplify my lifestyle, strengthen relationships with family and close friends, procrastinate less and be more diligent with my school work, find a hobby that I can stick to, exercise more/go for long walks and runs, read more books/find an author that I like as much as Catherine Anderson (if that’s possible!), become more up to date with politics and issues confronting the U.S., and eat healthier…just to name a few. :D

No comments:
Post a Comment